Friday, July 24, 2009

Routine

Tali and I have finally settled into a daily routine (which will probably change now that I'm writing about it). Here's the average day (this might be a bit boring, sorry):

7:00 - Wake-up. Give Jackson water. Feed Tali. I eat a granola bar.
7:15 - Tali plays quietly in Pack and Play while I put away dishes from previous night (that were left out to dry) and do other chores.
7:50 - H plays with Tali for a minute or two then leaves for work. (On the weekend, we skip this step since Dan sleeps in.)
8:00 - Walk Jackson and Tali.
8:30 - Tali takes a nap. I exercise (or nap, depending on how the previous night went), shower, vacuum the carpet, have some yogurt and get things done.
10:30/11:00 - Tali wakes up from her nap.
11:00 - Tali eats her mid-morning meal.
11:30 - 1:00 - Get Tali dressed for the day. Errands.
1:30/2:00 - Tali takes a nap. I eat lunch, get her next meal ready, groom Jackson and do other things around the house.
3:00 - Tali's afternoon meal and food time. This is when we try new foods - how fun!
4:00 - Playtime at home or a walk around the neighborhood.
5:00/5:30 - Tali takes a nap. I get Tali's cereal ready, prep for dinner, etc.
6:30 - Walk Jackson and Tali, take out trash, get mail.
7:00 - Tali eats dinner and then has her cereal.
8:00 - H gets home, says hi to Tali, takes a shower. I give Tali a bath and get her ready for bed.
8:30 - Goodnight Moon (sometimes I read it, sometimes H reads it) and Tali's bedtime. I feed Jackson and make dinner.
9:30 - I clean up from dinner, do dishes, groom Jackson (he has lots of hair so grooming twice a day is necessary).
10:30 - I pump to have milk for Tali's meals the next day.
10:45 - I wash Jackson's food and water bowls, my pump equipment and wipe down tables, etc.
11:30 - I'm in bed (finally!). Hopefully I can get 4 or 5 hours of sleep before Tali wakes up and needs to be comforted before falling back asleep. On a good day, I get back to sleep also (not the case today).

It's not glamorous, but at least I kind of know what to expect from day to day. Now I can be home for her naps - she sleeps so much better in her crib than in her car seat. The weekends throw us for a loop because we're often out doing something and she has to nap in the car and/or eat on the go. Then we end up with a not so happy baby. Oh well, five out of seven days isn't so bad.

No comments: