Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Ants Go Marching

For the past four months Tali has had a favorite song. No matter what else I sing, The Ants Go Marching is the only song that can cheer her up when she's in a bad mood. It can actually turn tears into laughter. I'm not sure what it is about this song that's so magical. I don't make funny faces or voices when I sing it. I just go from one-by-one all the way up to ten-by-ten and she has a blast. Nothing else works like this song. The Wheels on the Bus might be okay for a verse or two. Old McDonald's farm animals don't even stop the tears (yes, I make the animal noises). And Alouette (one of my favorites) only works when she's really sleepy but I can never remember the word for neck in French so I make it up. So if you are planning on spending any time with Tali, I recommend you brush up on your ants. Click here for the lyrics and tune. 


Tali (with Anyu) bouncing and smiling to
The Ants Go Marching. Seconds before, there were tears.



No comments: