Saturday, July 25, 2009

I. Am. Exhausted.

The honeymoon is over. After sleeping through the night a few times (three, to be exact), Tali decided it was time to spice things up. So she's been waking up every night just to remind me that she's still there. I've been following the doctor's advice and only going in after she's cried (not fussed, but actually screamed) for 15-20 minutes. I give her the pacifier and only pick her up if I need to. Then, I wait again. The thing is that on many occasions, she stops after about 10-15 minutes and I think she's gone back to sleep. So I go back upstairs (I come downstairs with the monitor so as not to wake H) and lay down and she starts up again. Last night I was up with her for close to two hours but only went in once. It's exhausting. I was actually getting more sleep when I fed her at night! 

Tonight, we are going to try it H's way. He believes that, at this age, I am teaching her to keep crying until someone goes in. So we're basically going to let her cry. I'll turn off the monitor and just let her scream. To me this seems cruel but at this point I'm willing to try anything to get some sleep and feel like a human being again. I'm so tired that I can barely function. I just need some rest, please.

No comments: