Thursday, July 16, 2009

First Sleep Through The Night!!!!!

Last night Tali slept through the night for the first time! This was a real sleep through the night, not a five hour one, which is what the pediatricians call sleeping through the night. She went to bed at 8:45 (15 minutes later than normal) and I woke her up at 7:00. Her normal routine is to wake up between 2:30 and 3:30 for a feeding but last night she skipped it. Around 5:00 she started to rumble a bit and made some noises until 5:30. She didn't really cry and managed to get herself back to sleep without me going in. I, of course, woke up to her rumblings and had a hard time getting back to sleep. So I'm still tired. But now that I know she can make it through a full night without a feeding, we're done. Tali's "kitchen" will be closed until 7:00 a.m. from now on. If she wakes up at night, she will go back to sleep without eating. Sure, I'll help her get back to sleep if she needs it, but no food. Hopefully it will only take a week or two to get her fully sleeping through the night. Finally, some light at the end of the (sleepless) tunnel. I can't wait to get a full night's sleep!

No comments: