Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Goodnight Moon and Jackson

Since we switched Tali's schedule to an earlier bedtime, I now read to her Monday - Thursday. Jackson loves to join us, hopping up into the rocking chair to sit beside me and Tali. Each night he comes to the chair, sits and looks up at me. I tell him it's okay to come up and pat the chair. It takes quite a few pats for Jackson to muster the courage to jump onto the chair (it's high for him) but he eventually makes it. Then I read Goodnight Moon to both of them while Tali holds her blanket in one hand and Jackson in the other (she doesn't pull his hair, just holds on to it).

Tonight, Tali initiated the pats! She saw Jackson come up to the chair, giggled (she just loves this dog) and then patted my leg (couldn't reach the chair) for him to jump up! In a week and a half, she's learned that is what needs to be done for Jackson to join us and so she did it. How cool to see her learn something so quickly.

No comments: