Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Time Being Sick

Well, Tali caught whatever it is I have. She was a little congested yesterday but is very congested today. She must have slept with her mouth open last night because her nose was completely clogged. I feel like such a bad mom for getting my daughter sick but there really was no way to prevent it. When H was sick a few months ago, he stayed in the bedroom the majority of the time and wore a mask when he came out. He didn't see or touch Tali until he was better. Unfortunately, I can't avoid Tali so I am not surprised that she got sick. So far, Tali's been in pretty good spirits. She was smiling and laughing yesterday and wasn't cranky this morning. 

There's not much I can do to get her better and unless she has a fever of 101 or higher, the doctor can't really do anything either. I was told to bring her in the bathroom with me when I shower so that the steam can clear out. Then, after I get out I should "milk" her nose to get some of the mucus out. So this morning I tried that. The shower worked well for her but the milking did not. She screamed (hates being touched like that, even if it doesn't hurt) and nothing came out. Since the steam is good for me as well (yes, I'm still sick), I think my bathroom will be turned into a steam room this weekend. I'll bring some toys so Tali and I can play while the steam clears us up. (Not quite the relaxing steams Karine and I did on Saturday mornings in NYC, but I'm sure it'll fun.) I am hoping that the steams and plenty of fresh air will heal us both by Monday. That way we can enjoy H's week off of work.


No comments: