Friday, August 14, 2009

First Puffs

When: This afternoon, after her lunch

Where: At home, in her high chair

Details: Last week a friend of ours with a one-year-old and gave me two cans of Puffs for Tali to try. (For those of you without babies, Puffs are simply flavored puffed grains that are about the size of a corn flake. They pretty much melt in your mouth but are a good way to introduce a baby to the concept of chewing.) I'd put it off because the can says that the baby should be crawling and Tali isn't doing that yet. But today I decided to try them. After Tali's lunch I poured a few of the peach flavored ones onto her tray and decided to let her figure it out. She looked at them, grabbed one, examined it closely and then popped it into her mouth. Just like that she had her first real "bite" of food. I gave her about 15 puffs (70 puffs are considered one serving) and she ate them all like she'd been doing it for months. So now we have our first snack, and I've heard they are addictive.

No comments: