Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Baby Pool Experience

When: Yesterday

Where: Our back porch

Details: Since Tali had such a traumatic experience the first time we put her in a swimming pool, I decided that it would be best to start her off in a baby pool. Now that she's sitting very well I figured it was time. I bought her an inflatable pool (easier to store) with a top to shade her from the sun (she's not a fan of sun hats). Her pool arrived on Monday evening and I blew it up on Tuesday. When I first put her in the pool, she cried (of course).




Then Jackson came over and drank some of the pool water. That calmed her down and she played with the elephant bath toys that I put in there for her.



Next, I gave her a flower (attached to the sides with velcro) to play with.




After playing with the flower, she figured out that the mushrooms are also toys.




She stayed in the pool for about 15 minutes, until it was time to walk Jackson. While she didn't love it, she didn't hate it. I might put her in again today.

No comments: