Monday, January 25, 2010

Sick

Yesterday morning was a first for us. Tali made a little noise at 5:30 a.m. but seemed to go right back to sleep (not unusual) and I didn't hear her again until about 7:30 a.m. (still normal). When I went into her room, it smelled off, like she had pooped. I got to her crib and could see something in it and thinking it was poop I turned on the light to make sure I didn't touch it. Sadly, I was wrong. Tali had thrown up in her crib - gross! The strange part was that she didn't even cry when it happened. I assume it was the brief 5:30 noise but I have no way of knowing for sure.

So I woke H up and asked for his help. He kept Tali entertained while I got her some bread and water then cleaned out her bed. He then played with her in the bath after I gave her a quick shampoo (got in her hair - gross again!) and then went downstairs to spray some Shout on her clothes and sheets and throw everything in the wash.

I'm not sure what made her sick but she definitely had an upset stomach (no fever, luckily). She didn't eat much yesterday and slept a lot but she acted just fine. Today she's on the mend and I would say she's about 80% better. She's still not eating as much but everything else seems fine.

Poor thing. I wish she could've told me she wasn't feeling well. At least it's almost over. I'm sure she'll be back to normal tomorrow.

No comments: