Monday, January 11, 2010

One Year Check-Up

Last Monday Tali had her 1-year-old check-up at the pediatrician. Everything is great and Tali is hitting her developmental milestones. She's still tiny (around the 5th percentile) but has grown two inches since her last visit. I came with my usual list of questions and learned a few things:

1. She eats WAY more than most babies her age. But she also poops WAY more than most babies her age so it balances out.

2. While she does understand the word "NO" when I use it, she has absolutely no self control at this point. So she will do it anyway, not because she's being defiant but simply because she cannot control her urges. I have to wait a whole year until she develops this self control. Until then, I'll continue to tell her "NO" and watch her laugh (literally) and try to do it anyway.

3. It's time for big girl shoes! Now that she's taking steps she needs the support. I bought her first pair this past Friday and they are pale pink and very cute (and very expensive since her feet are so small and so narrow).

4. It's okay that she's still toothless.

Tali also got two shots and some blood taken. This was the worst round of shots yet. It took me a whole 15 minutes to calm her down afterwards. I hate the shots just as much as she does. It's too bad they can't make a pain-free needle.


No comments: