Thursday, January 21, 2010

Goodbye Tali, Hello Palm Beach!

For Tali's first birthday, H got me a present - a long weekend together in Palm Beach ALONE. I am finished breastfeeding so now I could easily leave her for an extended period of time. We left on Friday morning and came back on Tuesday evening and it was wonderful! Yes, it was hard to leave Tali (and Jackson) but they stayed with Savta and Saba and so I knew they would be well cared for. I tried to be good and only check on Tali once a day.

H and I spent the entire weekend relaxing and eating. We stayed at the Ritz and enjoyed their spa on Saturday and Monday. I did yoga every morning. We went out to dinner every night. I slept. It was perfect.

As our flight was landing on Tuesday evening, I said to H "Do you think she'll remember us?" H thought that was a silly question, but I was just predicting the future. When we got home, Jackson went nuts but Tali just stared at us. H went up to her first and she just looked him. Then I went up to her and she just looked. It was like she was watching a tennis match: stare at Dad, stare at Mom, stare at Dad, stare at Mom, etc. I think she was confused. Eventually she started smiling at me and then got comfortable with us again. She had a tough time going to sleep that night (afraid we were going to leave again?) but she was completely back to normal yesterday.

It was good to get away but it's also good to be back.

No comments: