Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Love My Big

I am the older sister and the oldest cousin. As a child, I didn't have a big sister to look up to or get advice from. But that all changed my first week of college. I met Michelle the day I received my bid to join her sorority. She was a year older than me and let me borrow her shoes for that night. From that moment on, I knew we'd be friends. Michelle became by sorority big sister and we've stayed close. I still call her Big and she still calls me Little.

Last week her big sister advice came in handy. I was a bit nervous about leaving Tali for the first time and spoke to her the day before I left. She said to me: she might cry when you leave and she might even cry the first night, but just know that she will be well cared for. She will be with her grandparents and she will be well cared for. She will be fed, she will be changed and she will be loved. So even if she misses you, she will be taken care of.

This was great advice. Every time I worried about her, I immediately thought of Big's advice and was fine. Thank you, Big, for helping me relax on our trip!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Little - I feel so loved! I had a blog entry dedicated to me. :) I am happy that the trip was good and that you were able to relax! We will catch up soon. XOXO - Big