Sunday, September 6, 2009

Turkey

Back at the end of July, Tali tried avocado for the first time and didn't like it. However, after a few days she got used to it and she now loves it. Unfortunately, I don't think the same thing will happen with turkey. I've been giving Tali turkey for 2-3 weeks now and she hasn't yet developed a taste for it. I first cooked it with some vegetables and then pureed it. She would only eat a few bites each time I fed it to her. Then when she went on her spoon strike I made turkey meatballs. After one bite (per meal), she'd refuse to eat anymore. If I tried to mix it with pasta, she'd eat around it and gag when she accidentally put a piece in her mouth. So tonight I steamed and pureed some peas and yams and mixed in tiny pieces of the turkey meatball. Success! She ate some turkey! I am not a fan of hiding things in food, but if that's what gets her through this turkey then that's what I will do. Once I'm done with the turkey I've made, I will stay away for a while and see if her tastes change in a few months.

No comments: