Thursday, September 24, 2009

She'll Regret This When She's Older

This morning I took Tali to her first gym class (yes, there are gym classes for babies). Because the class started at 11:30, I had to wake her up from her morning nap and rush through her meal. Tali was the only girl in the class and all five little boys wanted to play with her! Unfortunately, all Tali wanted to do was sit on the carpet and eat her Cheerios. (She didn't get to finish her finger foods before we left home but I figured she had enough to last through the class. Guess not. Good thing I was prepared!) Every time I tried to put her in an activity with the boys she threw a fit. She cried on the big roll, she cried on the trampoline and she cried when the teacher tried to hold her. Finally she found some peace sitting alone in a hammock. Afterwards, she joined the boys in the ball pit but wasn't too happy to be there (no crying, just a blank look on her face). The best part of class? When it was over. Luckily, this gym lets you try a class for free before signing up. I don't think we'll participate in this semester's class. Maybe I'll try again in January when she's a bit older.

No comments: