Friday, September 11, 2009

Music


If you know my husband, you know that when he decides to do something, he becomes completely focused on that project. Last weekend, H decided to update Tali's music collection. Tali loves music so this was a great project for him to take on. In one weekend he added approximately 100 Jewish songs to her iPod. So all week we've been singing and dancing to Jewish music in the house. Tali's had a great time and I've had a lot of fun listening to songs I haven't heard in years.

In addition to the Jewish music, H also added the Barenaked Ladies kids album - Snacktime -  and put it on a CD for me to play in the car. (If I had to listen to the CD from her music class one more time I might have just driven into traffic.) This CD is hysterical! It's typical of the group - lots of word play and humor. Honestly, I think the songs were mostly written for adults who couldn't bear to listen to another kids CD. If you have kids, I highly recommend this album. Actually, I have quite a few kid-less friends who would love this album too (Ilana, Paige - I'm talking to the two of you). There are 24 songs on the album, ranging from a love ballad to the eraser to a song about raisins. (Can you link raisins to Canada in one verse? They can!) The CD is so much fun that I caught myself listening to it when Tali wasn't even in the car. I have one more week before Tali's music class begins again and we get a new CD. Until then, I'll be singing along to the Barenaked Ladies. Thanks, guys!

No comments: