Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Sleepover Without Her Mommy


Tali at Saba's and Savta's the next morning


On Friday night, Tali slept at her grandparent's apartment (Saba and Savta) without me. She's slept at my parent's house (Gran and Grandpa) but this was the first night she was away from me since we brought her home from the hospital and I was very nervous about it. In fact, I didn't want her to do it because I was worried that she would wake up in the middle of the night, not know where she was and want her mommy. But, in a moment of weakness (or frustration), H got me to say yes and so off Tali went. Luckily, I was wrong and Tali was fine. Since we were all over there for Rosh Hashanah, we (H and I) were there to put her to bed. She did cry for a while (not normal), but she eventually went to sleep. She slept through the night and woke up just fine the next morning. Savta gave her a bottle and measured her head for a hat she is knitting, and then Tali was driven home. She survived. I survived (though I barely slept because I was worried about her) and we were back on our normal routine that same day. Once I am no longer breast feeding, it will be nice to let her sleep at her grandparents for a night so I can sleep in.

No comments: