Friday, September 4, 2009

The Strike Is Over!

Hooray! Tali's spoon strike has ended. Well, mostly ended. The way it now works is that she gets finger food first and then I can feed her with a spoon. I'm glad that she'll take the spoon again because there are many foods she's just not ready to feed to herself. But, during the strike I discovered new finger foods for her. She loves feeding herself blueberries (quartered so that she doesn't choke), bread, bananas, shredded cheese, avocado, cantaloup and more. Yesterday I made turkey meatballs for her and cut it up into tiny pieces for her dinner. She ate a little of it but didn't love it. I served it with ditalini pasta but she just wasn't so into it.  Since it usually takes her a few days to like a new meat, I'll keep going. I thought the meatball tasted pretty good (I was hungry, I ate her leftovers) so hopefully she'll grow to like it. 

No comments: