Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Touch, Touch, Touch

When I was a senior in college I worked at a women's boutique (I also babysat twice a week, worked for the USDA Forest Services and was the editor of the campus magazine but we'll save that for another blog) and there was a certain type of customer we all hated. The women who came in and touched everything drove us nuts! Usually these people didn't buy anything, they just browsed the racks and put their hands on every item in the store. My daughter is now like those women.

Tali is at the stage where she wants to touch everything. She's exploring with her hands (and mouth) and wants to see what each thing feels like. She loves to touch all of her toys and anything else she can get her hands on. When I have a glass of water in my hands, she wants to touch it. When I read her a book, she wants touch it. When I'm changing her diaper, she wants to touch it. And the list goes on. So we now spend a lot of our days going around the house so Tali can touch things. I enjoy watching her react to different items.

No comments: