Sunday, June 14, 2009

First Food




When: Saturday at her 3:00 feeding

Where: in the living room

Details: Yesterday was Tali's first experience with "real" food and she loved it! For the first week, babies eat rice cereal (then its on to oatmeal for a week and then real food). I was warned that she probably wouldn't eat more than a bite or two and probably push most of it out with her tongue. "Don't be discouraged," the doctor told me. "Just try again the next day. It could take a few days until she actually eats." 

True to her style, Tali bucked the trend and ate the whole thing! She was so excited for food that once she had a few bites she was bouncing, kicking and smiling - eagerly awaiting the next bite. As she got a bit more comfortable with the idea, she started to help me and hold on to my hand or the spoon and guide it to her mouth.  After she was done with the cereal (only one tablespoon of cereal and four tablespoons of milk for her first meal), I breast fed her. She ate all of that too. 

Today I am going to increase the amount of cereal and see how much she'll eat. And maybe her dad will try to feed her.


*Note: Below are some pictures from her second feeding (today). We recorded the first one and I promise to put a bit of the video up on the blog - once I learn how to work the camera!


Daddy feeding Tali

Mommy feeding Tali

It's not fun unless you make a mess!

No comments: