Sunday, June 14, 2009

An Important Lesson for Tali

Dear Tali,

I've been meaning to write you a letter or two on this blog but never seem to have the time or know what to say. So this will be my first. Today, you learned an important lesson that I'm sure will stay with you until your teen years: go to the toy store with Daddy. Yes, when Mommy goes to the toy store she has a goal (and a list!) and gets what she needs and leaves. But when Daddy goes to the toy store, he spends two hours playing with everything and picks up lots of extra toys for you. On this trip we went to purchase a high chair but left with a lot more. You got six toys - from stacking rings to a percussion set - and Daddy also bought some candy. I know you are too young for candy but I will warn you now - Mommy isn't going to buy you candy very often. Daddy will probably be your go-to parent in that department. You'll come to Mommy for food, comfort and many other things. But bat your pretty blue eyes at Daddy when you want to be spoiled at the toy store.

Love,
Mommy

PS I promise to write a more serious letter next time. 



One of Tali's new toys.

Another new toy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tali,

Remember when daddy doesn't spoil you enough you have grandparents that are willing to pick up the slack. I remember growing up and my dad (grandpa) always telling me and your mom that he can't wait until we have kids one day so he can spoil them like our grandparents spoiled us!

Love Aunt Cara