Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bad Mom - Rain

This morning I was a bad mom again. We have a morning routine that consists of waking up, changing her diaper, feeding her, reading a book, getting her dressed and then taking her and Jackson for a walk. If the weather is good, I put her in the baby carrier. If the weather is bad then I put her in the stroller so she's covered. 

Today I thought I could beat the rain so I put her in the carrier. Full of confidence, I left the umbrella at home and began our walk. About 5 minutes in it began to mist so I covered Tali's head. Then a minute or two later it began to sprinkle. As soon as it began Jackson saw a friend across the street and refused to move until his friend came over to say hi. Once they'd said hello (sniff the butt, jump around, etc.) we started to move again. And then the rain started to come down. The little hood on the carrier is no match for Mother Nature so Jackson and I jogged back home (can't really run with a baby until they are six months and even then it should be in a stroller, not strapped to your chest) to avoid a complete soaking. Tali, of course, was crying because she was getting wet. Jackson didn't get to finish his walk. And I felt like an idiot for not being prepared.

No comments: