Monday, June 22, 2009

First (Unassisted) Sit

When: This morning

Where: At Jack's house, a friend from music class

Details: Tali was at Jack's house this morning for a play date when she decided sit on her own for the first time. We've been practicing sitting up on our own for quite some time now (I sit her in the corner of the sofa and on the floor with minimal support from me) and I knew it was coming soon but I was still a bit surprised. She was on the floor and I moved my hand away from her back and she stayed! Part of this was because she was looking at all of the other babies, but she still did it. She then fell into the "tripod" pose (leaning forward with hands propping her up) and eventually tipped over. She sat a few times while she was at Jack's and again once this afternoon at home. I'm looking forward to her sitting up well on her own. I see how much the older babies can do once they sit and I'm sure it'll make a world of difference (read: less crying) for her.

Here is a picture of her in the tripod pose at Jack's. Sorry for the (very) poor quality, it was taken with my cell.






No comments: