Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Food Makes My Daughter Cry

There's an endless list of things that make Tali cry. Now I can add food to that list. No, it's not that she doesn't like it. It's that the food doesn't come fast enough. Tali is used to the constant flow of breast milk so the fact that food has to be put on a spoon which goes in and out of her mouth does not make her happy. When feeding her, she cries between bites because she's hungry and wants more. As soon as the spoon leaves her mouth (which isn't so easy because she tries to hold the spoon there) the screams begin. Once the spoon makes it way back to her mouth, she's content. This doesn't last the whole feeding, just the first half when she's really hungry. During the second half of the feeding she gets excited between bites. 

If I were to feed her in public, strangers would probably think I'm force feeding my child. I can only imagine the looks and comments I'd get. I'm sure this crying will end once Tali gets more used to eating. For now, I'll just have to live with a new type of food fight.

No comments: