Monday, May 25, 2009

My Favorite Time of Day

My favorite time of day with Tali is bed time. No, this is not because I cannot wait to put her to sleep (although on some days that is the case), this is because I enjoy our routine. Bed time begins with a bath, something she always loves. I bathe her and then let her kick and splash for 5-10 minutes. She has a great time moving around in her little tub. Then we go to her room for some "towel time." I moisturize her and we play for a bit. Next, I put her in her pajamas and H comes in to tell her goodnight. Finally, I feed her before bed. For me, this is the best part. She's sleepy and snuggled up next to me for a feeding. She eats happily and winds down from her day. There's classical music playing in the background and she knows its time for bed. When she's about 90% asleep, I put her down and she usually falls right asleep. It's such a calm, relaxing time for the both of us. I know I'll miss it when she stops breast feeding.

No comments: