Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Exercise

This morning I went to a Stroller Strides class at a nearby park. The class is exactly as it sounds - exercise with the stroller. There were about six other moms there and one had a baby girl born on the exact same date as Tali! Her baby was older by about seven hours (and much bigger). The class was an hour long and pretty good exercise. 

Its times like this that make me wonder, "is this really my life?" It was Tali's nap time so I thought she'd sleep the whole class. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky. She woke up about 15 minutes into the class and was up the rest of the time. So I had to entertain her. When we did squats, I repeatedly played Peek-A-Boo to keep her from crying. When we jogged (I walked, she's too young for me to jog with her), I had a one-way conversation with her. While everyone sang the name song during an upper body workout, I sang AND made ridiculous faces to keep her entertained. And when we all did crunches at the end, I had to take her out of the stroller and include her in my workout. While the class itself is a bit goofy so that the kids are entertained, I was doubly so. Its amazing how I've lost all shame and do whatever I can to keep her happy.

This class is actually an entire community of moms. The instructor organizes play dates, lunches, Mom's night outs, etc. The moms seemed nice so maybe I'll do some other things with them. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the Mom's night out events, but maybe a lunch or a play date now and then? As long as there is adult interaction, I'm there!

No comments: