Saturday, November 28, 2009

Eating Like A Big Girl, Sorta

Today we all went to lunch with my cousin Michele and her boyfriend Matt. I brought veggies and Puffs and also ordered a chicken quesadilla for Tali. The quesadilla came just as soon as the last Puff had dissolved in her mouth. Like a good mom, I began cutting the quesadilla into itty bitty baby pieces and giving them to Tali. Apparently, this wasn't how she wanted to eat her food today. She reached over, grabbed a piece of quesadilla and fed herself!

For a while she simply sucked on it so that it would get mushy.


Then, she began pulling out pieces of cheese and chicken to eat.


Finally, she started pulling the quesadilla apart and putting large pieces into her mouth.

It was quite fun to watch, even though she got pretty messy (she's normally a neat eater since she rarely misses her mouth). It was also nice to be able to eat my lunch instead of feeding her the whole time. Yes, I watched her closely, but she did it all by herself! Guess she's ready for larger pieces of finger food like crackers, fish sticks and grilled cheese fingers. She's such a skilled eater, though I'm not sure I should be so proud of this.

No comments: