Saturday, November 14, 2009

First Phone Call

When: Yesterday evening

Where: In our living room

Details: Tali was playing with the phone (as usual) when it rang. So I took it from her, answered the phone and had this conversation:

Man on phone: Hi this is the police. Is this the D... residence?
Me: Yes.
Man: Did someone dial 9-1-1?
Me: No....oh wait, my 10-month old daughter was playing with the phone. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!
Man: (Chuckle - as if this happens all the time.) Not a problem, ma'am. At least you know the number works.
Me: I'm so sorry. I can't believe she managed to do that!
Man: No problem. Have a nice evening.

Somehow Tali managed to hit the "Talk" button and dial the numbers 9-1-1 in that order! Must've just been a coincidence but I can't believe she managed to do that. I always ask her if she's calling China when she plays with the phone. I guess now I need to be more concerned with her calling the police.

No comments: