Sunday, November 1, 2009

First Taste of Curry

(Yup, curry.)

When: Yesterday

Where: Stone Barns farm

Details: Yesterday we went to the cafe at Stone Barns farm for lunch. Since Tali eats most everything now, I decided that I'd buy lunch for her there. When I looked at the offerings, I realized there were only two things that she could actually eat (the rest had either eggs or milk, or they were not cooked enough for her to chew). One salad was quinoa with broccoli and green beans and the other was squash, chickpeas, onion, spinach, etc. in curry. So I put a bit of the quinoa on the plate and more of the curry salad and hoped that she would like it. Well, she loved it! She ate it all. I tasted it myself just to see how strong it was and it there was definitely a curry taste to it. I know she likes most everything but I was still a bit surprised that she liked this. The best part? I was out running an errand when she had her "curry" poop today. H got to change that diaper. (Sorry, H - I change about 4 VERY stinky diapers a day so I guess this is payback.)

No comments: