Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Honeymoon is Over

Sunday was Daylight Savings and we were all supposed to gain an extra hour of sleep for the night. I spent last week worrying about how this was going to affect Tali (whoever came up with this stupid plan obviously didn't have small children). Was she going to wake up at her normal time everyday? Would the new bedtime be good or bad for her?

H and I decided that the one thing we would do is switch her bedtime from 8:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., which really meant that she would now go to bed at 9:00 p.m., according to her internal clock. On Sunday morning, Tali woke up at 6:20 a.m. (she'd been waking up and eating at 6:30 recently) and I was thrilled. On Monday morning, she woke up at 5:45 a.m. and I managed to hold off feeding her until 6:30. But this morning she was up a little after 5:00 a.m. Yup, it sucked. I tried everything to get her back to sleep but nothing worked. Finally I let her cry it out in her crib for a while. After lots of screams and tears, I fed her at 6:15 and put her down for a nap shortly after. Getting her on a new schedule, even if it's just an hour difference, is going to be tough.

I. am. exhausted.

No comments: