Tuesday, November 30, 2010

First Time Cooking with Mommy

It's getting cold up here and our outdoor activities are now pretty limited. So I'm coming up with some new things for Tali to do indoors. One of my ideas is for Tali to start cooking with me. Her nursery school teachers tell me that she loves cooking in class so I figured I'd try it at home. Plus, it's about time she pulls her weight around here. She's almost two - no more free ride.

Tonight, we made cottage cheese pancakes for dinner. She had a blast helping me mix everything together and she then devoured 5 1/2 pancakes in a matter of minutes. So now I'm on the hunt for recipes that Tali and I can do together. I welcome any suggestions with one request: I'd like to try to keep them as healthy as I can.

Teaching mise-en-place at a young age.


Tali mixing the "wet" ingredients.


Cleaning her table.


Yum!

Yum!

No comments: