Thursday, November 4, 2010

First Ride in the Front Seat of A Car


When it comes to Tali's safety, I'm a stickler for the rules. But yesterday I had to make an exception.

We were on our way to meet her friend Eloise for lunch when a light came on in my car and told me to check my engine coolant. I had no idea what that meant but was about 5 minutes from our destination so I drove, parked and started to look in the manual. As I'm reading, someone knocked on my window to tell me that there was smoke coming from the hood of my car. I knew there was a problem.

After 30 minutes of phone calls and Tali screaming in the restaurant the whole time, I had arranged to have my car towed to the Audi service station for repair. This is where the front seat comes in. I had no way of getting to the service station myself except to ride in the front of the tow truck and Tali would have to join us. So the driver kindly installed her seat into the middle spot and he and I sat on either side of her while we rode the 25 minutes. She loved it! Tali had such a great time that she didn't even notice there was no music (a must for her in the car). I'm sure she'll talk about and remember the ride for quite some time.

No comments: