Sunday, November 21, 2010

First Real Sandwich


When H and I have sandwiches for lunch on the weekend, I usually give Tali a deconstructed version. She likes turkey and salami, tomato, cheese, etc. So I just put the pieces on her tray and she munches away while we eat the same items stuffed between two pieces of bread. But on Friday I decided to try and give Tali an actual sandwich. We picked up Subway for lunch and I got her a kid's meal. She had a salami, cheese, tomato and green pepper sandwich. Believe it or not, their kid's sandwiches are actually 6 inches so I cut it in half and gave her a 3-inch sandwich. She ate the first half of the sandwich just like a real sandwich. But then she saw a piece of tomato sticking out and that was the end of it. She opened the sandwich, ate the tomato and then ate the rest of the cheese and salami. I was proud of her effort.

No comments: