Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Pee Pee in the Potty

When: Last night, after her bath

Where: In her potty

Details: Tali's had her own potty (technically a small seat I put on the real potty) for about two months now. During the first month, I put her on the potty every evening when I ran her bath, hoping that the running water would encourage her to pee. It never did. After about a month, she didn't want to sit on the potty anymore so I didn't force her. I figured she'd want to go back when she was ready. Last night at the end of her bath, Tali said to me "poop, potty" so I took her out of the tub, put her on the potty and wrapped her towel around her so she wouldn't freeze. Then she sat, and sat and sat.

After about five minutes, nothing had come out so I asked her if she wanted to get off the potty. She didn't. And then few minutes later, I heard it - she peed! I immediately started cheering for her and telling her what a good job she did. As soon as I stopped, H came in and started cheering for her. Then Jackson came upstairs to see what all the commotion was about. Tali was so excited and proud of herself. She was cheering as well. Now I think she gets it. I know we're nowhere close to being potty trained, but it's a step.

Hooray for Tali!

No comments: