Saturday, March 13, 2010

Typhoid Marys

This week illness has struck the females of our household.

On Tuesday, Tali came down with a cold. It wasn't as bad as last month's cold, but it's lasted longer. She's still not better. It has caused her to wake up multiple times a night and we're all suffering from lack of sleep.

On Wednesday, I developed some kind of 24-hour bug. I was in so much pain that I could barely move. I laid on the floor of Tali's room while she played. At one point, she took her blanket and pacifier and cuddled next to me. It only lasted about 30 seconds but it was so sweet. H had to come home early to help me with her.

Yesterday, I developed a bad reaction to the pneumonia shot I was given on Thursday. I couldn't lift my arm and it was very swollen. I had the chills and generally felt icky. (Due to my asthma and compromised immune system, I was told I needed the shot. Usually people don't get it until age 65. Pathetic, huh?)

Now, I seem to have gotten a milder case of Tali's cold. It's mostly just a cough and it could very well be from lack of sleep. Savta and Saba are taking Tali tonight and I hope that I will be able to get enough rest to function next week.

No comments: