Monday, March 29, 2010

Feet

My side of the family is plagued with bad feet. I inherited both my mom's and my dad's foot problems and, as a bonus, I am flat-footed. I've spent over a year doing physical therapy and having surgery to correct these issues - except the flat feet, those require expensive orthotics. So I crossed my fingers that Tali would have nice, normal feet like her dad.

While it's yet to be seen if Tali inherited any of my foot problems, I have already discovered one of her own - narrow feet. Tali's feet are so narrow that she doesn't fit into most kid's shoes. Add to the fact that her feet are tiny and it's quite the (expensive) adventure to find shoes for her. Before I learned about this narrowness, I thought I could get away with ordering a pair of sandals online for the summer. They arrived last week and as soon as I put the shoes on her, she tripped! They were huge. So I sucked it up and went to the kid's shoe store.

The woman at the shoe store measured Tali's feet and then brought out the only four shoes in the store that could fit her. Out of the four, two actually fit and she only liked one of them (which was the pair I liked better and was also $10 cheaper). The saleswoman told me that she has very narrow and very expensive feet. She actually told me that Tali is a future Ferragamo wearer (good thing Tali didn't understand that!). Poor girl will always have a difficult time finding shoes. I feel bad for her. Hopefully this is the only foot problem she has.

No comments: