Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nursery Rhyme for Tali


There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
When she was good, she was very, very good
And when she was bad she was horrid

This is Tali. Except for the curl. And, lately, except for the good. Tali has been mostly horrid this past week. She's refusing her naps, waking up early and super cranky. No matter what I do, she's just a mess. She has HUGE bags under her eyes and yawns all day. But she won't sleep. It's stressing me out. Yesterday I had to convince myself that having a glass of wine at 10:30 in the morning was a bad idea. Today I took two hours off to go to yoga and the grocery store (of course, she slept the whole time) and I still needed a break by 4:00 p.m. Even though it's pretty cold outside (30s and 40s), we've been taking lots of long walks. I just cannot stay in the house with her. We've also run lots of errands. I think she's had breakdowns all over Greenwich: the car dealership, the Apple store, the grocery store, the pet store, the bank, etc.

Anyone want a baby? She's free. No returns, please.


No comments: