Monday, June 27, 2011

First Day of Camp!


This morning Tali had her first day of camp. The one problem with this camp is that all campers are required to wear the camp shirt. Since Tali only wants to wear pink or purple, I knew this would be a problem. So I spent the past week telling her all of the fun things she'd get to do at camp, but she had to wear the blue shirt. Last night, I put out the shirt and let her pick out her shorts (pink, of course). This morning, we had a meltdown. She screamed and cried but I got the shirt on her! It was another battle for the shorts, but she eventually got dressed. I did promise that she could change when she got home, which she did.

Camp itself was great. Tali walked right into her classroom and got busy playing! (We took a tour yesterday so the facility was fresh in her mind.) I stayed for a little bit just to make sure she was okay. While I was watching her play, a few of the other parents were commenting to each other on how cute Tali was - always nice to hear. After about 15 minutes, I left for a parent orientation. When I came to pick her up, the counselors all told me how great she was. Her main counselor said she is the "quintessential camper" as she was excited for every activity and had a smile on her face the whole time. (The only thing she didn't like was the pool. But I warned them about that in advance.) They also commented on how well behaved she was and how much she liked to eat! Apparently, she left the cafeteria with carrots in her hand as she didn't want to see any food go to waste.

So Day 1 was mostly a success. Let's hope I have an easier time with the shirt/shorts tomorrow morning.

No comments: