Sunday, October 11, 2009

First Bath In A Big Tub

When: Tonight

Where: At Gran and Grandpa's house (in their jaccuzi tub)

Details: Tomorrow we are driving to Florida (another first - long car ride!) and in order for everyone's things to fit in Gran's Prius, Granny and Papa took some of our things today to put in their car. One of the things they took was Tali's tub. So tonight she got her first bath in a real tub - with her mommy. Tali was scared as soon as I sat her down and she immediately turned around and hugged me tight. She held on for a few minutes as she got acclimated to being in such a large tub of water. I washed her hair and body while she sat on my lap (not the easiest thing to do). After all of the cleaning was done, I sat her back down in the tub, wrapped my legs around her, and she was okay. But she is still so tiny that she was slipping and could have easily drowned if I wasn't in there with her. There was no laughter or playtime, but there were no tears either. She survived but she's definitely not ready to give up her little blue tub just yet.

No comments: