Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Well, Hello There!

I know, I know. It's the longest I've ever gone without posting. I've heard all of your complaints (I can't believe people actually read this and request updates!) so I'm back. Hopefully.

It's been such a busy time in our lives that I really never have a moment to myself. And if I do, I'm multi-tasking like crazy. (Can you breast feed one child, help another on the potty and make a phone call at the same time? I can.)

Our house renovation is taking up the majority of my time. I knew it would be a lot of work and very stressful, but wow! Things are moving along and our contractor tells me he's ahead of schedule. We're about halfway through and things are really starting to take shape. When we closed on the house, I had dreams of moving in before Thanksgiving. Now I have dreams of moving in before 2012. We'll see.

I've also been busy with Eli. Lots of doctor's appointments (I'll save the details for another post) and juggling both kids. I'm thankful that I have some help now and then. I recently found a babysitter who is out of a job and can come during the week. I also have my MIL who comes every so often and our cleaning woman/babysitter once a week. In the beginning, I thought I'd be able to handle it all myself. But as my life gets busier, and I accept the fact that I'm not Superwoman, I've learned to ask for/pay for help. I'm still folding laundry at 11:00 at night (sorry Mom, I know you don't want to read that), but it's something.

So those are my reasons/excuses for disappearing. Let's hope I can find a few minutes in my schedule to squeeze in some more posts.

No comments: