Saturday, November 19, 2011

Typhoid Mary (and her little brother Mark)

This has been a week of firsts in our home:


1. First blow dry: Tali received her first blow dry this week. She had a high fever (103 degrees!) for two days and was so cold when she got out of her bath that I couldn't let her hair dry naturally. The first day I blew it dry she let me do the whole thing. The second day I didn't really wash her hair but it got a little wet. She wasn't so patient that day but at least it wasn't that much to dry.

2. First time being sick: Eli woke up this morning with a temperature of 99.5 degrees. I know it's not a fever yet, but given Tali's sickness earlier this week I'm sure it's headed there.

3. First time being sick twice in one week: Tali now has some congestion in her lungs. It crept in yesterday evening and is still there this morning. It's not terrible, but it's there. Not sure how she got this as she was only around other children Monday (too long ago for symptoms to now appear) and yesterday (too short of a time frame). She also has a temperature of 99.5. (Yes, I checked our thermometer, it's working and not just stuck on 99.5.)

Guess I get to take both kids to the doctor this morning. Lucky me.

No comments: