Sunday, March 13, 2011

Potty Training By Accident

On Friday morning, I began potty training Tali. This happened by total accident as I didn't really think she was ready yet. But, she'd developed a terrible diaper rash and I needed to keep her diaper free for a few hours. So I figured if she was already going to be diaperless, I might as well take out the potty and try.

I'm happy to report that we had success right away! Although Tali's been peeing on the potty after her bath each evening, I haven't done more than that. But on Friday, she used the potty consistently throughout the day. There were no accidents on Friday or Saturday (I put a diaper on her when we went out of the house and for nap/bed time) and we had our first, and so far only, accident this morning.

Initially, Tali wasn't even excited that she went on the potty. Now she gets it and is a bit more excited as she's figured out it's a good thing. So far it's been pretty easy but that's all going to change on Tuesday when she goes to nursery school. I think I will attempt to send her without a diaper (and extra pants!) and see what happens. But, who knows, by then I might change my mind.


P.S. I took a great picture of her reading on the potty last night. But in order to save on future therapy bills, I am not going to post it. Use your imagination. =)

No comments: