Monday, May 10, 2010

That Was Painful

Pacifier Removal, Day One:

Before every nap, I give Tali one of her blankets (she sleeps with two) and a pacifier and then we read a book. Today I only gave her a blanket and we sat down to read. I didn't even get through the book before she started crying for her pacifier. So I turned on her music, put her in the crib and just let her scream. She stood in the crib and screamed for about an hour before she finally calmed down and sat there quietly playing with her blankets. At that point I made the mistake of going upstairs to put away the laundry. She heard me and started screaming again. This lasted for about 25 minutes (I figured I'd leave her in there for 1 1/2 hours since that is the length of her normal morning nap) before she sat down to play with her blankets. Then, at exactly 1 1/2 hours she laid down. She's asleep now - no pacifier. Who knows how long she'll sleep for as it's lunch time but at least she fell asleep without her pacifier. The worst part is that I have to do this again tomorrow. Ugh.

No comments: