Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pacifier Update

The pacifier removal is going better than I thought it would.

On day three (I left her with Savta that morning), she cried for 7 minutes then played for 30 minutes then slept for about 40 minutes.

On day four she cried for 10 minutes then went right to sleep. She slept for 1 1/2 hours!

Day five's nap was in the car on the way into the city to meet a friend so that didn't count.

And for day six (today) she cried for about 30 seconds and went right to sleep. She was laying down before I even made it downstairs to turn on the monitor. She slept for 1 1/2 hours again. To be honest, I cheated a little. She slept until 9:30 this morning (yes, it was nice; no, I didn't sleep in also) so I skipped her 11:00 nap and just put her down after lunch, around 1:30. She was very tired by this point so it was easy.

I think I'm going to wait to remove the pacifier from the next nap until Tali can go to sleep without crying for two or three days. I'm hoping that'll be soon. But, it's going well. So even if it is a slow process I can see it working and I'm proud of myself for sticking it out. Listening to your daughter scream is tough, especially if you know you can fix it.

No comments: