Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Sick Night

When: February 3, around 4:00 in the morning
Where: Home
Details: I was feeding Tali in the middle of the night and she was being very fussy.  After about an hour of trying to get her to eat, she finally latched on. And then she vomited while eating! It got on her and on me. She did this again and I got a bit worried so I called the doctor. Thankfully, someone is always on call. I explained what had happened and we did a physical exam over the phone. The doctor believed the most likely cause was that there was gas in her belly which was blocking the milk from going down. So, up it came. I was instructed to wait a half hour for her stomach to settle and then try again. She ate and finally went to sleep (three hours after this began). By that point it was time for me to get up and take care of Jackson. So I spent the day as a zombie - two hours of sleep. Tali spent the day eating small portions every hour or so leaving no time for me to really rest. 


No comments: