Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Finally Bit the Bullet






For the past 15 months, I have insisted that we did not need a double stroller. In the beginning, Tali wanted to walk. And if she didn't, I could easily put Eli in the baby carrier and her in the stroller. As Eli got older, I would usually carry him and hold Tali's hand. I just couldn't justify spending the money on yet another stroller (we had three) that would fill up almost my entire trunk.

But, then last Wednesday came. Neither kid took an afternoon nap (Eli cried in his crib so Tali, from the next room, sang at the top of her lungs to try and calm him) and I had errands to run. When we got to our first stop, they were both asleep. And since it's against the law to leave your napping kids in the car, I had to take them out. I put Eli in the stroller and held Tali's hand. Both were crying that I woke them up. Once inside the store, Eli calmed down but Tali escalated. She was screaming and insisting that SHE get in the stroller. I told her Eli was in it and she needed to walk. She was not okay with that. She started kicking him and trying to pull him out of the stroller. Of course, he started crying again. At two separate times during my 10 minutes in this store, two adults came up to her to try and distract/calm her. Didn't work. She was so upset that she couldn't sit down in the stroller. So I e-mailed H the following: "I give up. Time for a double stroller."

Today we went to the baby store to buy one. We had pretty much picked out what we wanted but I wanted to see it in person first. As soon as we got to the strollers, Tali pointed to the one we wanted and said "I want that one." She read our minds! We ended up getting it. This afternoon we took them for a spin down the block and all went well. Next time they refuse to nap, I'll be prepared.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they both look so happy! and do I see Barbie dolls, with one dressed up as a bride, in Tali's hand?

Gia said...

Eli wasn't as happy as Tali - he wants to be out and moving around. Yes, there are TWO Barbies and one is a bride. She loves weddings, already.