Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Not That I'm Keeping Track

I know I write a lot about Tali's eating habits, but when you live with a child like this, food is a big part of your life. I'm sure some of you think I'm exaggerating about how much this child eats so I thought I'd give you a play-by-play of her food intake today (cup sizes are estimates). Before I do, there are two things you should know:
1. A bowl is a child-sized bowl. So my guess is 2-3 bowls equals an adult portion.
2. Yes, this is normal for any given day.

Breakfast (hooray! she eats breakfast now): Waffle
First morning snack: 5 whole wheat crackers and three bowls of pineapple
Second morning snack: 1/2 cup of dried strawberries and a piece of whole wheat/quinoa/flaxseed toast
Lunch: 4 slices salami, 1 Laughing Cow cheese wheel, 1/4 cup tomatoes and a few bites of my tomato/mozzarella sandwich (she asked for more lunch but I cut her off)
Afternoon snack: apple and clementine
Dinner: four bowls of whole wheat pasta (three with a sun-dried tomato and basil pesto)

Yes, that was all today. And there were times where she asked for food and I didn't give it to her as it was too close to a meal. I honestly don't know where she puts it. I guess she turns it into energy. The girl rarely sits still.

No comments: