Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cravings

Cravings are a strange thing when you are pregnant. You feel as though you really, really, really have to have it. And nothing else will satisfy you but what you are actually craving. I've heard of women having really strange cravings but I have yet to have any of those. It's mostly things like ice cream and hamburgers (the latter is today's craving).

When I was pregnant with Tali, it was pretty easy to satisfy any cravings I had. I was working in Manhattan so whatever I craved for lunch was available. And if I wanted something in the evening, it was easy enough to go out and get it. I can't even count how many trips I made to Carvel after dinner.

But this time, it's different. If I'm craving something for lunch, it just seems like too much trouble to go out with Tali and get it. Plus, I usually have food at home and hate to let it go to waste. If I crave something in the evening, I'm just too tired from the day to do anything about it. Plus, it's freezing outside! Once I've taken out the trash and gotten the mail, I can't imagine walking all the way to the car (it's around the corner - not in a driveway next to my apartment) and going somewhere to get what I want. So, I just make do. I eventually manage to get past it but it's usually not until I've gone to sleep. Luckily, I have yet to wake up with the same craving I had the day before (though now I'm sure I've just jinxed myself). Pregnancy was so much easier the first time around.

No comments: