Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Progression of a Cold

Tali has another cold (if you're not keeping track, that's the third one this season) and I've started to see a pattern in how she reacts to my "care" during a cold.

Day 1: She'll tell me if her nose is running and happily accept me wiping her nose. She'll also let me use the nose syringe a few times a day.

Day 2: She prefers to wipe her nose on the back of her hand or on her sleeve. Or, she'll wipe it with a tissue if I offer one to her. She will let me wipe her nose if I come by with a tissue. She opposes the nose syringe but will finally give in and let me do it.

Day 3: As soon as she sees me come near her with a tissue, she says "no" and runs away. I must tackle her to the ground to wipe her nose. If I offer her the tissue she'll dab her nose for a second (getting nothing off) and then throw it on the floor. No nose syringe.

Day 4: Usually, this is the day she starts to get better and I don't have to chase after her with tissues. On this day, she'll accept the occasional wipe of the nose. That will be tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

No comments: